新概念英语第三册课文(全60课)

链接:

新概念英语第三美音版全集 新概念英语第三册美语朗读新概念英语第三美音版全集 新概念英语第三册美语朗读


新概念英语第三美音版全集 新概念英语第三册美语朗读


提取码: ti9m

《新概念英语3》是该教材首次出版以来次推出的新版本。这套经典教材一如既往地向读者提供一个完整的、经过实践检验的英语学习体系,使学生 有可能在英语的四项基本技能——理解、口语、阅读和写作——方面限度地发挥自己的潜能。

《新概念3》百度网盘txt 最新全集下载

链接:

提取码:8n0d

《新概念3》一般指新概念英语3。《新概念英语3》是该教材首次出版以来次推出的新版本。

链接:

提取码: 8n0d

《新概念3》一般指新概念英语3。《新概念英语3》是该教材首次出版以来次推出的新版本。

自己下吧

Lesson 50 New Year resolutions

新年的决心

Listen to the tape then answer the question below.

听录音,然后回答以下问题。

What marked the end of the writer's New Year resolutions?

The New Year is a time for resolutions.

新年是下决心的时候,

Mentally, at least, most of us could compile formidable lists of 'dos' and 'don'ts'.

至少在大多数人的心里会编排出一份“应做什么”和“不应做什么”的令人生畏的单子。

The same old forites recur year in year out with monotonous regularity.

相同的决心以单调的规律年复一年地出现。

We resolve to get up earlier each morning, eat less,

我们决心每天早晨起得早些;吃得少些;

find more time to play with the children, do a thousand and one jobs about the house,

多花点时间与孩子们一起做游戏;做大量的家务;

be n to people we don't like, drive carefully, and take the dog for a walk ry day.

对不喜欢的人友善一些;小心驾车;每天都要带着狗散步;等等。

Past experience has taught us that certain accomplishments are beyond attainment.

以往的经验告诉我们有些事是办不到的。

If we remain inveterate okers, it is only because we he so often experienced the frustration that results from failure.

如果我们烟瘾大,戒不掉,那是因为屡戒屡败,失去了信心。

Most of us fail in our efforts at self-improvement because our schemes are too ambitious and we nr he time to carry them out.

我们大多数人想自我完善却遭到失败,这是因为我们的规划过于宏大,而又根本没有时间去实施。

We also make the fundamental error of announcing our resolutions to rybody

我们还犯有一个根本性的错误,即把我们的决心向大家宣布。

so that we look n more foolish when we slip back into our bad old ways.

这样一旦滑回到那些老习惯上去,我们在别人的眼里会显得更加难堪。

Aware of these pitfalls, this year I attempted to keep my resolutions to myself.

我深知这些问题,于是,今年我对自己的要严加保密,

I limited myself to two modest ambitions: to do physical exercise ry morning and to read more of an ning.

只给自己定下两项适中的任务;每天早上锻炼身体,每天晚上多看点书。

An all-night party on New Year's Eve provided me with a good excuse for not carrying out either of these new resolutions on the first day of the year,

新年除夕举办的一次通宵晚会,使我理直气壮地在新年头一天免去了这两项任务。

but on the second, I applied myself assiduously to the task.

不过,新年第二天,我全力以赴地照着去做了。

The daily exercises lasted only eln minutes and I proed to do them early in the morning before anyone had got up.

早锻炼一共只有11分钟,我打算在别人起床之前进行。

The self-discipline required to drag myself out of bed eln minutes earlier than usual was considerable.

这就要求我比平时早11分钟把自己从床上拽起来,这种自我约束是很艰苦的。

Nrtheless, I mad to creep down into the living room for two days before anyone found me out.

不过开头两天我还是成功地蹑手蹑脚地来到楼下起居室,被谁也没发现。

After jumping about on the carpet and twisting the human frame into uncomfortable itions,

我在地毯上跳过来蹦过去,扭曲身子,摆出各种姿势,弄得浑身不舒服,

I sat down at the breakfast table in an exhausted condition.

然后坐到桌边吃早饭,一副筋疲力尽的样子。

It was this that betrayed me.

正是这副模样泄露了我的秘密。

The next morning the whole family trooped in to watch the performance.

第二天早晨全家人结队来到起居室看我表演。

That was really unsettling, but I fended off the taunts and jibes of the family good-humouredly and soon rybody got used to the idea.

这真叫人不好意思,但我心平气和地顶住了全家人的嘲笑和奚落。不久,大家对我习以为常了,

Howr, my enthusia waned.

而这时我的热情却减退了。

The time I spent at exercises gradually diminished.

我花在锻炼上的时间逐渐减少,

Little by little the eln minutes fell to zero.

慢慢地从11分钟减到了零。

By January 10th, I was back to where I had started from.

到了1月10日,我恢复了原来的作息时间。

I argued that if I spent less time exhausting myself at exercises in the morning, I would keep my mind fresh for reading when I got home from work.

我辩解说,早晨少耗费精力锻炼,晚上下班回家看书时头脑更清醒些。

Resisting the hypnotizing effect of evision, I sat in my room for a few nings with my eyes glued to a book.

有几天晚上,我极力摆脱了电视的,坐在自己的房间里,两眼盯在书上。

One night, howr, feeling cold and lonely, I went downstairs and sat in front of the evision pretending to read.

可是,有一天夜里,我感到又冷又孤单,便来到楼下坐在电视机前装看书。

That proved to be my undoing, for I soon got back to my old bad habit of dozing off in front of the screen.

这下我可完了,因为不一会儿,我就恢复了以前的坏习惯,在屏幕前打起瞌睡来。

I still hen't given up my resolution to do more reading.

但我还没有放弃多看些书的决心。

In fact, I he just bought a book entitled How to Read a Thousand Words a Minute.

事实上,我刚买来一本叫《一分钟读一千字的诀窍》的书。

Perhaps it will solve my problem, but I just hen't had time to read it!

也许这本书能解决我的问题,但我一直还没时间去看这本书!

Lesson 46 Do it yourself

自己动手

Listen to the tape then answer the question below.

听录音,然后回答以下问题。

Did the writer repair his lawn mower in the end? Why/Why not?

So great is our passion for doing things for ourselves, that we are becoming increasingly less dependent on specialized labour.

现在我们自己动手做事的热情很高,结果对于专业工人的依赖越来越少了。

No one can plead ignorance of a subject any longer, for there are countless do-it-yourself publications.

由于出版了不计其数的教人自己动手做事的书报杂志,没有人再能说对某事一无所知。

Armed with the right tools and materials, newlyweds gaily embark on the task of decorating their own homes.

新婚夫妇找来合适的工具和材料,喜气洋洋地开始布置新房。

Men, particularly, spend hours of their leisure time installing their own fireplaces, laying out their own gardens;

特别是男人,常利用空闲时间安装壁炉、布置花园、建造、制作家具。

building garages and furniture. Some really keen enthusiasts go so far as to build their own comrs.

有些热衷于自己动手的人甚至自己组装电脑。

Shops cater for the do-it-yourself craze not only by running special aisory servs for novs,

为了满足自己动手热的需要,商店不仅为初学者提供专门的咨询服务,

but by offering consumers bits and pieces which they can assemble at home.

而且为顾客准备了各种零件,供他们买回家去安装。

Such things provide an excellent outlet for pent up creative energy, but unfortunay not all of us are born handymen.

这些东西为人们潜在的创造力提供了一个绝妙的用武之地。但不幸的是,我们并非人人都是能工巧匠。

Some wives tend to beli that their huands are infiniy resourceful and can fix anything.

妻子常常认为她们的丈夫无比聪明能干。

Even men who can hardly drive a nail in straight are suped to be born electricians, carpenters, plumbers and mechanics.

甚至那些连一枚钉子都钉不直的男人都被认为是天生的电工、木匠、水管工和机械师。

When lights fuse, furniture gets rickety, pipes get clogged, or vacuum cleaners fail to operate,

每当电灯保险丝烧断、家具榫头松动、管道堵塞、吸尘器不动时,

some woman assume that their huands will somehow put things right.

有些妻子认为丈夫总有办法。

The worst thing about the do-it-yourself is that sometimes n men live under the delusion that they can do anything, n when they he repeatedly been proved wrong.

自己动手的例子中最糟糕的是,有时甚至是男人尽管接连失败却还误以为自己什么都行,

It is a question of pride as much as anything else.

原因就是要面子。

Last spring my wife suggested that I call in a man to look at our lawn mower.

今年春天,妻子让我请人检查一下我家的割草机。

It had broken down the previous summer, and though I promised to repair it, I had nr got round to it.

那台割草机去年夏天就坏了,尽管我答应修,但一直没抽出时间,

I would not hear of the suggestion and said that I would fix it myself.

我不愿听妻子的建议,说我自己会修。

One Saturday afternoon, I hauled the machine into the garden and had a close look at it.

一个星期六的下午,我把割草机拉到了花园里,仔细检查了一番。

As far as I could see, it needed only a minor adjustment:

在我看来,只需稍加调整即可。

a turn of a screw here, a little tightening up there, a drop of oil and it would be as good as new.

这儿紧紧螺丝,那儿固定一下,再加几滴油,就会像新的一样了。

Inevitably the repair job was not quite so .

事实上,修理工作远不是那么简单。

The mower firmly refused to mow, so I decided to diantle it.

修完后割草机还是纹丝不动。于是,我决定把它拆开。

The garden was soon littered with cks of metal which had once made up a lawn mower.

一会儿工夫,割草机便被拆成一个个金属零件,乱七八糟地堆在花园里。

But I was extremely pleased with myself.

但我却非常高兴,

I had traced the cause of the trouble.

因为我找到了毛病所在。

One of the links in the chain that drives the wheels had snapped.

驱动轮子的链条断了一节。

After buying a new chain I was faced with the insurmountable task of putting the confusing jigsaw puzzle toger again.

我买来一根新链条后,面临的就是如何把这些令人眼花缭乱的拼板重新组装起来。

I was not surprised to find that the machine still refused to work after I had reassembled it,

等我装完后,那台割草机仍然一动不动,对此我倒并不感到吃惊。

for the reason that I was left with sral curiously shaped bits of metal which did not seem to fit anywhere.

原因很简单,因为还剩下几个形状奇特的零件似乎哪里也装不上去。

I ge up in despair.

我无可奈何,只好罢休。

The weeks passed and the grass grew.

几个星期过去了,草长了起来。

When my wife nagged me to do soming about it, I told her that either I would he to buy a new mower or let the grass grow.

妻子喋喋不休让我想点办法。我告诉她,要么买一台新割草机,要么让草长下去。

Needless to say our house is now surrounded by a jungle.

不用说,我家现在已被丛林包围。

Buried somewhere in deep grass there is a rusting lawn mower which I he promised to repair one day.

深草丛中的某个地方有一台正在生锈的割草机,那就是我曾答应某日要修理的割草机。

我这儿有新概念英语1-4册PDF TXT 课文英音美音MP3(包括册偶数课录音) 练习详解 自学导读 名师精讲笔记等材料 需要的话留个QQ邮箱 我发给你 其他的邮箱附件下载容易出异常

语言学习的秘诀就是要多听录音 多模仿。反复地听课文录音 听到能够脱口而出 这样你的听力口语和记忆力都将得到很大的提高 事半功倍。如果只是盲目地背单词、学语法,这样的学习效果并不好,学了容易忘,而且会感觉枯燥。配合课文录音,调动起自己的全身细胞来学,那效果就很不一样了。

记住语言学习是个体力活 而不是脑力活哦!一定要多听多模仿!

新概念英语是一套适合背诵的经典教材 都是专业录音员灌录的 很适合用来练听力和口语 建议你配合课文录音进行全文背诵 这样会进步很快

希望对你有所帮助 祝六时吉祥

Lesson 60 Too early and too late

太早和太晚

Listen to the tape then answer the question below.

听录音,然后回答以下问题。

Why did the young girl miss the train?

Punctuality is a necessary habit in all public affairs in civilized society.

准时是文明中进行一切社交活动时必须养成的习惯。

Without it, nothing could r be brought to a conclusion; rything would be in a state of chaos.

不准时将一事无成,事事都会陷入混乱不堪的境地。

Only in a sparsely-populated rural community is it sible to disregard it.

只有在人口稀少的农村,才可以忽视准时的习惯。

In ordinary living, there can be some tolerance of unpunctuality.

在日常生活中人们可以容忍一定程度的不准时。

The inlectual, who is working on some abstruse problem, has rything coordinated and organized for the matter in hand.

一个专心钻研某个复杂问题的知识分子,为了搞好手头的研究,要把一切都协调一致,组织周密。

He is therefore forgiven if late for a dinner party.

因此,他要是赴宴迟到了会得到谅解。

But people are often reproached for unpunctuality when their only fault is cutting things fine.

但有些人不准时常常因为掐钟点所致,他们常常受到责备,

It is hard for energetic, quick-minded people to waste time,

精力充沛、头脑敏捷的人极不愿意浪费时间,

so they are often tempted to finish a job before setting out to keep an appointment.

因此他们常想做完一件事后再去赴约。

If no accidents occur on the way, like punctured tyres, diversions of traffic, sudden descent of fog, they will be on time.

要是路上没有发生如爆胎、改道、突然起雾等意外,他们决不会迟到的。

They are often more industrious, useful citizens than those who are nr late.

他们与那些从不迟到的人相比,常常是更勤奋有用的公民。

The over-punctual can be as much a trial to others as the unpunctual.

早到的人同迟到的人一样令人讨厌。

The guest who arrives half an hour too soon is the greatest nuisance.

客人提前半小时到达是令人讨厌的。

Some friends of my family had this irritating habit.

我家有几个朋友就有这有令人恼火的习惯。

The only thing to do was ask them to come half an hour later than the other guests.

的办法就是请他们比别的客人晚来半小时。

Then they arrived just when we wanted them.

这样,他们可以恰好在我们要求的时间到达。

If you are catching a train, it is always better to be comfortably early than n a fraction of a minute too late.

如果赶火车,早到总比晚到好,哪怕早到一会儿也好。

Although being early may mean wasting a little time,

虽然早到可能意味着浪费一点时间,

this will be less than if you miss the train and he to wait an hour or more for the next one;

但这比误了火车等上一个多小时坐下一班车浪费的时间要少,

and you oid the frustration of arriving at the very moment when the train is drawing out of the station and being unable to get on it.

而且可以避免那种正好在火车驶出站时赶到车站,因上不去车而感到的沮丧。

An n harder situation is to be on the platform in good time for a train and still to see it go off without you.

更难堪的情况是虽然及时赶到站台上,却眼睁睁地看着那趟火车启动,把你抛下。

Such an experience befell a certain young girl the first time she was trelling alone.

一个小姑娘次单独出门就碰到了这种情况。

She entered the station twenty minutes before the train was due,

在火车进站20分钟前她就进了车站。

since her parents had impressed upon her that it would be unforgivable to miss it and cause the friends with whom she was going to stay to make two journeys to meet her.

因为她的父母再三跟她说,如果误了这趟车,她的东道主朋友就得接她两趟,这是不应该的。

She ge her luggage to a porter and showed him her ticket.

她把行李交给搬运工并给他看了车票。

To her horror he said that she was two hours too soon.

搬运工说她早到了两个小时,她听后大吃一惊。

She felt in her handbag for the piece of on which her father had written down all the details of the journey and ge it to the porter.

她从钱包里摸出一张纸条,那上面有她父亲对这次旅行的详细说明,她把这张纸条交给了搬运工。

He agreed that a train did come into the station at the time on the and that it did stop,

搬运工说,正如纸条所说,确有一趟火车在那个时刻到站,

but only to take on mail, not passengers.

但它只停站装邮件,不载旅客。

The girl asked to see a timetable, feeling sure that her father could not he made such a mistake.

姑娘要求看时刻表,因为她相信父亲不能把这么大的事给弄错。

The porter went to fetch one and arrived back with the station ,

搬运工跑回去取时刻表,同时请来了站长。

who produced it with a flourish and pointed out a microscopic 'o' beside the time of the arrival of the train at his station;

站长拿着时刻表一挥手,指着那趟列车到站时刻旁边一个很小的圆圈标记。

this little 'o' indicated that the train only stopped for mail.

这个标记表示列车是为装邮件而停车。

Just as that moment the train came into the station.

正在这时,火车进站了。

The girl, tears streaming down her face, begged to be allowed to slip into the guard's van.

女孩泪流满面,央求让她不声不响地到押车员车厢里去算了。

But the station was adamant:^但站长态度坚决,

rules could not be broken. And she had to watch that train disappear towards her destination while she was left behind.

规章制度不能破坏,姑娘只得眼看着那趟火车消逝在她要去的方向而撇下了她。